In the article I will consider the role of an ottoman in the interior of a room and tell you what it is. I will list the features of the varieties: one and a half sleeping, euro ottoman, transformer, with a back and roll-out. I will consider popular color schemes, materials for manufacturing. I’ll tell you about the nuances of the correct location of the subject.
Ottoman in the interior of the room
The ottoman does not take up much space and easily adapts to any design solution. It is used as an additional place to sit or sleep. It does not have wide armrests. Modern models below contain a drawer in which it is convenient to store various things.
It has an acceptable cost and is presented in a wide range. Manufacturers use a variety of plating options. Thanks to this, the models fit into almost any interior.
An ottoman with the same efficiency can be placed in a guest or nursery. It looks like a small sofa, but is used as a sleeping place for children or an adult. It differs from the bed in size and the presence of backs.
Types of ottomans and their sizes
This furniture in a wide range began to be offered recently. When choosing a specific option, it is recommended to carefully analyze the external and operational properties.
The ottoman has a complex mechanism. It folds out at the back. After activating the mechanism, the furniture will take up more space. However, two people can sit on it at once.
Manufacturers use several types of transformation. For example, you can get another place to sleep using a retractable block.
The functionality has its drawbacks. With frequent use, the mechanism quickly fails.
The classic solution is the corner back. The furniture will fit perfectly into the decor of any room and will significantly save space.
A daybed with three backs should fit perfectly into the design of the room. Its appearance is specific and is used to place certain accents.
A new bed is obtained by pumping furniture forward. The top of the couch will need to be lowered down. Outwardly, the ottoman has many features similar to a double sofa.
The perception of space in the room depends on the choice of furniture. The color depends on the size of the room.
Upholstery should not merge with walls or floors. It is recommended to play in contrast.
Designers give advice:
- If the corner option is used in the office, then it is recommended to choose the blue color.
- Gothic style will complement the gray or black furniture.
- White, brown, gold and blue are used as basic and universal colors.
- Light colors look spectacular in modern style.
- An acid shade is suitable for a high-tech room.
The service life of the ottoman depends on the materials from which the frame and the internal mechanism are made:
- Wood is a classic ottoman material. The cost of furniture and the possibility of decorating it directly depend on the type. If a solid array is used, then the couch will have an impressive size.
- Metal is considered a budget option. The frame will have the necessary level of stability. Thanks to this, it will be possible to get a reliable place for the bedroom.
The furniture is compact, so it is often used in the design of the room.
When choosing a location, it is recommended to use the following tips:
- In the country, the couch will be an excellent addition to the veranda or porch.
- Has a small size. It is installed even on the balcony of a small apartment.
- Such an item in the living room not only complements the interior, but also serves as an extra bed. She doesn’t draw attention to herself.
- A lounger is also installed in the bedrooms. The best solution would be a corner model.
- Suitable for narrow niches that are not suitable for deeper furniture. It is placed in the children’s room. Thanks to this, it is possible to significantly save space.
The main advantage is the ability to get several beds in the room at once.
An ottoman is a great solution for a room in a small apartment. A wide range of models is presented in construction stores. The client selects the option that fully satisfies the requirements in terms of appearance and functionality. First you need to carefully analyze the style of a particular room.
Color plays an important role. It makes an object invisible or draws attention to it. Separate covers are sold for the ottoman. They are able to quickly return to their original appearance when pollution appears.